Father Charles Ganley became an ordained priest in 1952, at the age of 26. During his priesthood, Father Ganley served as assistant pastor at St. Mary Parish in Alpena and St. Mary Parish in Alma; and as pastor at St. Paul the Apostle Parish in Ithaca, St. Martin de Porres Parish in Perrinton, Holy Family Parish in Saginaw, Sacred Heart Parish in Merrill, St. Patrick Parish in Ryan, and St. Mary of the Assumption Parish in Bay City. In all that time, Fr. Ganley worked tirelessly to help all the souls in his churches reach closer to God. As an act of final grace, The Fr. Charles Ganley Memorial Endowment Fund was designed to be used to support masses for the souls in Purgatory.